Location: Queens Wharf, Wellington
Project Value: $3.5 M
Client: Wellington City Council
GK Shaw successfully completed stages 1 & 2 along the Wellington waterfront before being awarded a larger stage 3 package under Queens Wharf.
A summary of the project scope:
- Strengthening timber piles with FRP wraps
- Demolition and repair of timber wharf components and reinforced concrete deck slabs
- Working above and below water
- Working adjacent to wharf users and pedestrians
- Strict Health & Safety and Environmental requirements
- Completing as-built records for ongoing planning and maintenance of the wharf
A systematic approach was developed by GK Shaw to assist the Project Engineers with identifying and deciding upon optimal repair strategies throughout the construction phase of the project. This helped reduce costs and accelerate the programme in some locations.